How to Sell on HellobooksHellobooks
- The trade on hellobooks.co.za is strictly between buyers and sellers.
- Hellobooks is the only way to clear out your library. If you have a book(s) or audio books to get rid of, you might want to bypass the middleman and sell directly to other book lovers. Academic textbooks and school textbooks are sought after and popular.
- Hellobooks only charges a success fee of 20% in total, that includes credit card payment facilities, admin and banking related charges for providing the selling facilities. Success fees are always deducted from the seller’s existing credit balance. In the event that you make use of our courier services, provided by The Courier Guy, the total success fee will be 25% in total.
- If you are going to sell books online, you need to know how much they are worth. Start researching prices that you will ask for your titles. To ensure that you make the most money selling books, you will need to make sure that those you are putting up for sale are likely to sell. Textbooks and titles on university reading lists are likely to command high prices as they are in demand. First editions, meanwhile, can prove extremely lucrative, especially when they are by renowned authors, while signed autobiographies are also likely to generate income far beyond the price of the book when bought it. The latest fictions and non-fictions are always sellable and well-liked. We don’t accept digital books (E-books) listings at this time.
- Hellobooks will only accept listings of books which values are greater than R100.00. There is no minimum allowance for packaging costs. Please ensure all packaging expenses are included in the final listing price.
- You can sell any book or audio book on hellobooks.co.za, as long as it is legal and you have it in your possession. We recommend that you know the Hellobooks’ rules for sellers, Listing Policy and Terms and Conditions, familiarized with policies on prohibited and restricted items, and what’s allowed and not allowed when listing and completing a sale.
- Becoming a Hellobooks seller couldn’t be easier. The first step is to create a Hellobooks bookseller account. There is non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once of fees of R50 going forwards of generating sellers’ account. Once the fees been paid you will be granted access to your seller’s account.
- On the Registration Form, you need to fill in the following information: your name and surname, choose user name, your email address, your cell phone number, a password you can remember (minimum 8 characters), select whether or not you would like to receive our newsletters. The innovation on Hellobooks is the option that you can be contacted via WhatsApp for prompt assistance If your WhatsApp number is different that your cell please provide your WhatsApp number. Seller is responsible of maintain his current account information.
- Become a Verified Seller on Hellobooks for a once off R300.00. The fee is non-refundable and cannot be cancelled. Hellobooks will submit your details for an Identity check, Credit check and a Fraud check. Approval is at Hellobooks’ decision, based on the outcome of the checks. The process can take up to 30 days. Once approved you will have your status of Verified Seller next to your User Name that amplified peace of mind for the buyers. Please contact email@example.com for Verified Seller Registration Form.
- It is important to select an appropriate category for your listings. If you are unsure, search for similar items on the site or Internet and look what category they are listed in. You can choose the appropriate category from the list of categories. Once you have selected a category, the relevant sub-categories will appear. Only Verified Sellers can list a book(s) in different categories. Listing the same product (book) in multiple categories will be allowed providing the seller of the book is a verified seller and the book is relevant to the listing category (categories).
- Take your own picture of the book(s). It is against Hellobooks’ policy to use another seller’s photos or download the picture from internet. Only the publisher of the book(s) or sellers that are selling the brand-new book, New (N) condition, allow to use stock images. No books will be listed without pictures. The picture should be taken in vertical/portrait position only. The max size per uploaded image is 1MB. This is to ensure speedy page load times for your prospective buyers. If in need off optimization, optimizilla.com can be helpful.
- Seller assumes full responsibility for his/her listing. Assigning the correct condition to each book or audio book listed on hellobooks.co.za is the first step to ensure great customer experience and feedback. It’s important to make a careful assessment of your item before specifying its condition. We suggest removing and completing a visual inspection and examination of the dust jacket as well.
- Hellobooks buyers are very particular about condition. Titles with water damage, broken spines, and problems like missing and torn pages – or those that have been excessively coloured in or scribbled should be not listed at all. Below are the different condition ratings and definitions used for determining a book’s condition on hellobooks.co.za:
New (N): Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition. In original protective wrapping. Book with any labels attached, may not be listed as New (N) condition.
Like New (LN): An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred (stained) by notes or folds of any kind. Spine has no signs of creasing. All supplementary materials are included and all access codes for electronic material, if applicable, are valid and/or in working condition.
Very Good (VG): A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
Good (G): A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes, no highlighting, and the copy can include “From the library of” labels, Book Club or previous owner inscriptions.
Acceptable (A): A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The dust cover may be missing. Pages can include considerable notes–in pen or highlighter–but the notes cannot obscure the text.
Poor (P): Describes a book that has the complete text but is so damaged that it is only of interest to a buyer who seeks a reading copy. If the damage renders the text illegible then the book is not even poor. This copy may be soiled, scuffed, stained or spotted and may have loose joints, hinges, pages, etc.
Student Owned (SO): Those books have the hallmarks of being used by students. As a result, there may be underlining or highlighting in the text, and older editions of a title may exhibit more wear and tear than the average used textbook. Also, student owned textbooks may or may not include the original access codes provided for access to websites related to the book
- Audio books with the following defect, errors or missing items cannot be listed;
- Missing or incorrect discs
- Copied or Pirated discs
- Discs without all the original packaging, artwork or instructions
- Discs with cracks or deep scratches
- Items with an ISBN or barcode number different than that on the packaging even if the title is the same
- Cracked cases
- Items which look like have been chewed on
- It is good customer service to answer any questions you receive from potential buyers about your item. Communicating with them establishes trust and rapport. The all communication between buyers and sellers only be done through Hellobooks’ messaging system before the sale is finalized.
- We notify both parties by email when the buyer has completed checkout. The seller and the buyer must then arrange the delivery of the goods between them and complete the service. Try always offer fair and reasonable shipping rates, include insurance and provide assistance to the buyer in tracking parcels if need be.
- Package the book(s) in such a manner to ensure that it isn’t damaged during transit, as the seller you are responsible for the purchase reaching the buyer in the listed condition. If will be rejected upon arrival by the buyer the return of the purchase is for the seller’s account if the purchase is not in the stated condition.
- Send the order to your buyer as soon as possible, and within the delivery time you specified.
- Hellobooks have an agreement in place with The Courier Guy Company (door to door courier) to provide delivery facilities to sellers. Any seller can sign-up to use this service. If the buyer uses the option, the system will provide the buyer upon checkout of the order with the pricing of the delivery. The total commission to be deducted from seller account will be 25% should the seller make use of Hellobooks courier delivery facilities. The seller and the buyer will be notifying of the transaction and received the tracking number. The seller must make arrangement for Courier Guy Company to pick up the parcel only.
- If you are unable to fulfil a buyer’s order, please inform the buyer as soon as possible of the cancellation. Please also ensure that you cancel the order in your seller’s dashboard. Any cancellation fees, including payment, courier and packaging, due to the seller being unable to fulfil the order, will be for the seller’s account. A R10.00 cancellation fee will apply to all cancelled transactions on hellobooks.co.za as well.
- Payments to sellers for completed sales will be finalised on the 15th of every month for all sales concluded prior to the 5th of that same month. All payments for transactions completed after the 5th of the month will be finalised on the 15th of the following month. Payments will be only be released to sellers once the buyer has confirmed receipt of his/her order.